Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I've been pretty non-existent around here lately. First off, I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! The holidays tend to be chaotic enough, but we made it even a little more chaotic this year. The Saturday before Christmas I brought home a new dog...meet Brinkley!

Brinkley is a Golden Retriever, estimated to be 3 years old. To make a very long story short, a friend of mine saw some people turn Brinkley in to the humane society. She wanted another dog, but they currently have a house full and her husband said no lol. My dad was looking for a dog so I started inquiring about this guy for him. Well, Brinkley wasn't enjoying the shelter life at all and was terrified of the people there and hid in the back of his cage. His outcome wasn't looking too good, and I refused to let anything bad happen to him. After a week I was finally allowed to see him. He had fleas and is terribly under weight. He was a little timid at first, but after a while he warmed up to me. I called my husband, he told me to bring him home and so that's what I did (after taking my dogs down to meet him).

He is fitting in well and that timid dog that I brought home is now an energetic maniac lol! He joins Bella (a 5 year old boxer/german shepherd mix who I rescued when she was 10 months old) and Jack, our 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever.Between Brinkley and the holidays, our house has been nothing but chaotic over the past almost two weeks!

I finally got back to scrapping and making some files (my mats were beyond repair so I had to make some new ones this week!). Today I'm going to share a file I made for one of my Christmas pages, but it could be used for so much more. Here's a screenshot of the file--I have cut it and it cuts really well, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I glued it on my layout! The edges cut very smooth, even though they look a little jagged in the screenshot.

This freebie has expired. Click on the above image to go to my store at Cutters Market.com

No comments: